Sound: "40 Day Dream" by Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Hands
The other day, Mia and I bought a clothes hamper. Upon returning to the flat, we discovered that you had to put the hamper together yourself... using tools. Specifically, a phillips head screwdriver. Fortunately, my friends Sean and Aaron are tech/design majors and therefore the only people in the world who would think to pack a phillips head screwdriver when going to London for a semester. So last night, after yelling at a diagram for about ten minutes, Mia and I put together the hamper (I did the screwing).
Upon finishing the hamper:
Me: It doesn't look square.
Mia: Well, duh. It's a rectangle, Morgan.
Me: No, I mean square in the carpentological sense.
Mia: "Carpentological" is not a word. And it doesn't matter. The clothes haven't fallen out yet, so we were successful.
My daughter inherited some handyman genes. You're my daughter. Having none would be impossible. After you got the right tool you managed to put it together. The key is starting with the right tool. And why did Sean and Aaron bring a screwdriver to London? They're in college. The only screwdriver they should have comes in a glass!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dad. I feel much better now. Also, the hamper has survived two loads of laundry, so I think it'll be okay. As for Sean and Aaron's screwdriver... well, they're tech/design majors. They are incomplete without their tools.
ReplyDeleteMorgan, I love your creativity with words! I am impressed with your statergery and please don't let anyone refudiate your blog! (Do you have a dictionary or glossary for those of us new to Morganese?) I thoroughly enjoy your witty writing! It always makes me smile. I miss you! Thank you for blogging so that I can live vicariously...oh, to be in college again! Those were the days! Julie
ReplyDelete