Monday, August 9, 2010

A bientot, Ithaca

Sound: "Real Situation" by Bob Marley

I leave Ithaca in approximately four days. Or, exactly, 3 days, 22 hours, and 49 minutes. And I'm glad. It's time to take a break and try something new. My next stop is New York, which is a fairly new place for me, since I've only really visited three times. The other times I've been there, I've been on a shuttle between JFK Airport and the Port Authority in Times Square, or in Port Authority itself. While in NYC I'm going to see "La Cage Aux Folles" with Craig and visit the Bronx Zoo with Ben, but I plan on spending most of my time just walking around and exploring. I want to get out of the touristy things and discover my own version of New York City. Also, I need to save money.

So, in honor of this summer ending, here's my Ithaca Summer 2010 "By The Numbers":

Number of Visits to the Gorges: 5
Number of Trips to the Commons: 23
Amount of Money spent at Wegman's: $118.79
Number of People Who Slept In My Extra Bed: 7
Number of Body Modifactions Added: 4
Number of Body Modifications Removed: 2
Number of Out-of-Area Visitors: 5 (since my family is, technically, 3 separate people)
Number of Books Purchased: 9
Number of Books Read: 5 (really should work on that...)
Number of Movies Seen (both in theatres and at home): 52 (thanks, Netflix!)
Number of Times I Woke Up Facing a Deer Outside of My Window: 3

Seems to me like it was a pretty good summer.

Peace out, cubscouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment