Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Break From Holland: A Letter to the Cute Jewish Boy on my Train This Morning

Sound: "Voulez Vous" by ABBA

Dear Cute Jewish Boy On My Train This Morning,

I don't have any conclusive proof of your Jewishness, but, based on your curly, thick, dark hair, big honker of a nose, short stature, and darker skin tone, you are. To quote my Holland welcoming committee, "you look like Jew." Don't worry, though; you look like a really cute Jew.

I noticed as I stood next to you that you were reading Adolus Huxley's Brave New World. I myself have read that book and am a fan. I wanted to tell you how much I loved the book and ask if you thought I was an Alpha, Beta, or even a Delta (I'm pretty sure I'm not an Epsilon, since I possess the power of speech). Alas, I was feeling shy and my stop came far too quickly. Also, I was looking pretty strange in my leggings, tennis shoes, and bright green hoodie (sorry, Mom, but it was a stage combat day, and I have to wear exercise clothes).

Perhaps I will see you next Tuesday on the 9:36AM District Line Train to Wimbeldon via Earl's Court. And perhaps you will be reading another book that I like. And perhaps I will talk to you and we will fall in love and get married.

And then my family will be happy because I am with a Jewish boy (as opposed to my track record of Christian, Mormon, and Satanist).

Maybe.

Love,
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! Thinking of that photo in the window at Cornell :-)

    ReplyDelete