Sunday, September 2, 2012

Om Nom Nom Nom Veggies

Sound: I'm on a Law & Order: SVU kick.  Don't judge me.

The summer session has ended, and the summer break is almost over.  In a few days, the fall semester will start in full force: classes, teaching fellowship, rehearsal for The Lily's Revenge, and a couple more things I don't know about yet but I'm sure will happen.

I'll be honest; this break did not go how I planned it to.  But that's fine.  Change is hard, but change is ultimately good.  One of the changes I'm implementing in my life right now is a devotion to healthier eating.  I'm trying to up my veggie intake, lower (but, for the good of all that is holy, NOT eliminate) my meat intake, and make sure everything is still tasty.  This week, I'm making a vegetarian lasagna, a mushroom and tomatillo black bean soup, and for the non-freezer area of life, a chicken and vegetable burrito filling.

Who says meals can't be quick, healthy, and homemade?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious. But, there is nothing like some solid protein from a good piece of meat to make you feel full and satisfied.

    ReplyDelete